Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Creative License Friday #2

Jill at She Who Carries Camera has started a new meme called Creative License Friday. Every week she provides a photo to play with however we please. The possibilities are endless. I am going to try to participate often because it's fun and it gets me out of my comfort zone.
This is the original image, donated by Cathy. Thank you!
I absolutely adore this image. The heart in the rock and the people in silhouette are two of the aspects that make this so awesome.

My formula in Photoshop CS3:
1) Resized the image to fit my blog (800x533).
2) Copied the original layer and auto adjusted color and levels which deepened the color.
3) Ran Pioneer Woman's "Lovely and Ethereal" action. On the Darken Things layer I painted over the rocks to make them darker. I also painted over the water to make the sheen less harsh.
4) My final thought was to add a sky, so I used the sky from my Lake Martin photo. :)

Overall I'm quite pleased. Hope it is creative enough! It certainly was fun to work on.



26 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nicely done! i like the darker rocks and the augmented/replaced sky!

Evelyn S. said...

I like how you intensified the color and contrast!

Rosie Grey said...

How beautiful! I love how your edit brings out the heart. This seems to be a lovely meme - I will definitely look into it, as it's also something I haven't done so far! :-)

Evelyn S. said...

I'm back...because I just read that you added a sky of your own! I'm impressed.....don't know how to do that, myself.

Karen said...

Love it! Great editing.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh my goodness. This sounds like such a fun meme. I love how you've edited the original photo.

Anonymous said...

I really like how you chose to keep the original essence of the image and just enhance it to bring out its best elements. Very nicely done! Thanks for playing again!

Hilary said...

I can't say I even noticed the silhouettes until you pointed them out. And you certainly brought them more into view with your treatment. Well done.

Lisa Gordon said...

My goodness, Gail, a truly amazing transformation.
I love the fact that the heart is so much more visible now.
Beautifully done!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Very impressive! I love the blue sky.

hootnonny said...

I ♥ this!

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

I, too, missed the people until you pointed them out. Your edits made a gorgeous image even gorgeous-er. :)

Kerry said...

I really like what you did. I don't know how to do these things! I should take a class or something.

Stephanie said...

Oh how beautiful *sigh* :) I like the way you intensified the color - beautiful, Gail!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Nancy said...

I really like this edit.....you made the clouds really pop and the color of the sky is beautiful.....

renae said...

hi Gail! Wow you made that photo look so different. I didn't know that could be done to someone's photo. See? Learn something new everyday in Blog-land. :D

Yes, go shopping. Have a great time. When I shop with an open mind and a thought of a specific thing I have a much better time. Yay, go shopping. Can I come?

eileeninmd said...

I love the clouds and sky. The darker rocks and the heart look great. Well done, Gail!

Rosemary Aubut said...

Great edit Gail! Just started with actions a whole new
world to me!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Gail I LOVE your edit very pretty and I love the heart in the rock. B

Patrice said...

Wow - you did a beautiful job, Gail!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice editing!

Shug said...

Beautiful! Of course your photography is so good, that I would never have guessed that you edited it.
Love the heart.
hugs,
shug

Cindy said...

Love love love it!! Great edit and I love the sky.

Unknown said...

This looks amazing. That heart just pops. Well done my friend.

Hugs~

Optimistic Existentialist said...

WOW. That heart in the rock is unlike anything I've ever seen!!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are so brilliant!