Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heading East

These tulips seem to be pointed in the direction that I am going tomorrow. I'm off to Baton Rouge for 4 days with my youngest son. Can't wait to spend time with him and the rest of my family.

I am afraid to look at my Google Reader when I return. It may take me a while to get caught up on all the blogs I follow.

But I needn't worry about that for a few days.

Until then, I will be eating good seafood, drinking Café au lait, and eating beignets for breakfast.

I will walk down the street from my mom's house to check on this unusual tree wart. Someone actually tried to make use of this anomaly by hanging something from it. I think it should have a name. We've become quite close the last several years, as I've photographed it/him/her at some point during every visit. I'm thinking a cajun name like...Boudreaux. Yeah, I like it! Boudreaux it is!
Maybe I like anomalies so much because I am one. I can relate.


My mother will be sitting next to this table, where we will catch up on the family shenanigans. I probably should have said 'family drama', but I like the word shenanigans. Say it out loud. It's a fun word.

Okay, gotta go. Looking forward to some beautiful photos from everyone when I return! Laissez les bon temp rouler!

13 comments:

Maureen said...

oooh. Enjoy your trip. yum, beignets. It's been a long time since I've had them. Looking forward to your photos of your trip.

Barbara said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I know what you mean about the Google Reader - I'm still playing catch-up from last week. But forget about it and enjoy yourself!

joco said...

Hiya,
If you like tree warts/anomalies so much, I shall have to tell you about witches' brooms when you get back :-)
Remind me.
Have a great visit without too many beignets.

Rosemary Aubut said...

You amaze me always! Catch up with mom! God only knows how much drama a family can produce! Looking forward to seeing your new photos! Your tulips are just beautiful!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Gail,
YOur tulips are sooo pretty and the processing is gorgeous. Saw them on Flickr.
Have a safe and fun trip! I am envious...seafood and beignets...ooo la, la!

septembermom said...

Have a wonderful time with your son! I look forward to your posts and photographs when you return :) Thanks so much for your friendship and support during my crazy 4 weeks of jury service. I'm happy to be with my blogging buddies again.

Lisa Gordon said...

Have a wonderful time Gail and I look forward to your return here!
Hugs to you.
P.S. Saw these on FLickr. Loved them there...love them here!

hootnonny said...

What a gorgeous image with which to point east. Have a wonderful visit with your son and mother. Leave the warts on the trees and enjoy all that Cajun food. And when you get back, maybe you'll help me understand the Google reader!

Rosie Grey said...

Have a great time (it already sounds like it will be!)! Wonderful tulips - I love them!!

Starla said...

Your tulip image is divine!!
Enjoy your trip....amazing how life can continue to move on even if we are not online! Enjoy the moment....

Katherines Corner said...

Safe travels, make happy memories. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs, Katherine

Kittie Howard said...

Your tulips are gorgeous! Er, Boo is a hoot! Have an order of beignets for me!

JCS said...

Very nice photos, nice work, congratulations for your site.