Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wow, 10 Inches!

Were you envisioning a naughty post? Shame on you. ;-p

I and the rest of the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex woke up this morning to this:

So far we've had 7.9" of snowfall in a 24-hour period, which breaks the old record of 7.8" on Jan. 15, 1964 and Jan. 14, 1917. We're on track to get another 2" overnight.

I know how much people in the Northeast hate snow, but we rarely see it here, so forgive me for enjoying it. It's so beautiful as it falls, blanketing everything in pure white. There's something very peaceful and soul-soothing about it. Of course, it's very easy to romanticize when shoveling is not part of the picture.

5 comments:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Gail, let me clarify for myself.....I hate the snow AFTER it snows!...then I have to deal with the mess, the salt that gets tracked into the house, the iciness, the bother of always having to wear snowboots wherever I go, etc. But I do have to say that I love the snow as it's coming down (and I love it even more when I'm safe and comfy in my house!) and I love it the morning after, when everything is still pristine and white!

Nadine

Teresa Evangeline said...

I'm waiting on those pictures ;)

Gail Dixon said...

Nadine, good explanation. I'm with you on the pristine and white thing. The neighbor kids have tromped around and destroyed that this afternoon.

Teresa, the penis was misshapen by the time I got up this morning due to the additional snow that fell. By the time I left for work it was already melted. :(

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Snow is very romantic when there is snow shoveling involved. I love it for about two hours, then I'm over it. Ha! Enjoy it while you can. It may be an other 45 years before you get anymore.

Kittie Howard said...

The weather in Dallas later turned nasty. But when the first snow fell, I was happy for you. There's something about the white falling flakes that soothes the soul. Then kids and snow plows and shoveling destroy the pristine whiteness. But, for a long moment, there is beauty.