Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Three

~photo by C.E. Courtney
In 1980, my future mother-in-law asked me how many children I wanted. After a momentary pause, I told her three. By 1983 I had those three precious babies. Since then, threesomes have been dear to my heart, with the exception of the ménage à trois; definitely not into that, thank you.

Observing the Holy Trinity as a devoted Catholic was deeply ingrained. I still have a compulsion to make the sign of the cross during a crisis, or at the sight of a racing ambulance, sometimes accompanied by the trinitarian prayer - In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I just say Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

I like jewelry with 3 stones, the 3rd week after a haircut, and the 3rd season of a tv show, when writing and characters are more developed. There were 3 wise men. On the 3rd day, Jesus rose from the dead. The 3rd month of the year is the beginning of spring. The first 3 months of marriage are blissful. Neapolitan ice cream has 3 delicious flavors. Three is the most beautiful number!!


No comments: