Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hurry up, spring!

Ever since I read this blog post at Chronicles of a Country Girl earlier in the week, I have been meaning to buy myself a bouquet of flowers. It seemed that every day there was something more important, so it never happened. Despite one distraction after another, I decided that today was the day. Flowers I would have! After photographing the heck out of my bouquet, I played around in Photoshop until my heart was content, Izzy snuggled in my lap the entire time. I need photography time and Izzy needs a lap. It's a good combination that works well for us.
This is a frame by Coffeeshop Blog. Rita really has some great freebies!
I love my new fleur-de-lis bookends.
Used Kim Klassen's "Sweet Treat" texture.
These are a few of my favorite books.
Leonardo da Vinci is my favorite artist. His life and art are fascinating to me.
Desaturated the image, then used a texture by Jerry Jones called Box 4.

These daisies really were that bright. Aren't they cheerful?

Trying something new with my camera. If my big fat chair arm hadn't been in the way
I could've gotten the entire reflection on the marble table. I love it anyway.
Submitted this for The Creative Exchange.

This was my submission for week 8 of Focus 52.
Jan is the sweetheart that runs the group. Happy birthday again!!

14 comments:

Starla said...

ohhhhhhhh!! I love the bright colors in your bouquet!! At first my favorite picture treatment was the desaturated one. Then came the reflected daisy. Decided that I can love both the same!!

Rosie Grey said...

Oh, what a beautiful collection - I love your flowers!

Lisa Gordon said...

Gail -
Just viewing these makes me feel "springy all over. Such gorgeous bright colors, and wond!rful photographs!

Thank you so much for sharing these today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

So amazing photos, I love every one of them.

Lui said...

What creative burst of energy!
Have a great week! ;-)

Evelyn S. said...

Fabulous flower photos! The color is amazing...and you've chosen wonderful textures.
Your 'reflection' photo inspired me to do one with my new $1 tray and primroses.

Pat said...

What a wonderful collection of images!

Unknown said...

I love your shot with vintage books and flower!!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Gail,
You have really been at work! What a gorgeous collection of Photos...and you sure got your money's worth, didn't you! Have a wonderful week!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

All of them are lovely, especially the orange. Orange flowers are always my favorite. You're very creative.

Gail Dixon said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. Have a great day!!

hootnonny said...

Where have I been? I look at your blog everyday but this is the first time I've seen this page! Love what you did in all the pics. I passed on the template in the first image...now I see that was the wrong thing to do! Thanks for the hints, too! Have a great day; spring's just around the corner!

joco said...

Playing again..
You've got an eyeful too:
My husband calls all these flowers 'Just daisies'.
There is no answer to that :-)

Michelle said...

Wow, that's all I can say. I haven't seen "real flowers" in so long this is refreshing! I saw the one with the marble table on Flickr and loved the idea of catching it's reflection. You amaze me with your eye for nature and your processing skills. And is there anything better than I brightly colored flower against a bright blue sky?