Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photo highlights of the week

We had a pretty good weekend. Went to a Mardi Gras themed gathering with my church Saturday night. Got really jazzed up beforehand after drinking Starbucks instant coffee. It's like twelve shots of espresso in one cup. Holy coffee beans! Later that night I had a rough time trying to go to sleep, then woke up at 4:30 Sunday morning and stayed awake. :/ Church was great today. I'm meeting more people and feeling more welcome there. Our priest is still the most wonderful clergyman I know.

Managed to find time for photography which is always nice. Here are some things I shot over the weekend that I'm pleased with:
Keenan Cemetery
Farmers Branch, TX
Read more details about this photo here
Sunset at Indian Creek Golf Course
Really wish my camera settings would have been better.
Those bright orange sunsets make me awe-struck and I can't think properly.
Dandelions sprouting in the yard and I'm excited! Spring is around the corner.
Don't the ends of the spores remind you of 4th of July sparklers?
Squirrel greeting me on my arrival at Nob Hill Greenbelt
Week 7 of Focus 52
Pansy macro

8 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

These are all so fantastic Gail.
Still so in love with that little squirrel, but if I had to choose...the first shot is gorgeous!!

Starla said...

Oh wow!! Great photos!! The colors in the sunset are just awe-------I can't even think of of word to describe it!! I love the pop of color in the center of the dandelion too. All of these are just wonderful photos. Your eye just knows how to capture and frame

Charlotte Wilson said...

Gail,
these photos are fantastic! My favorite is the Dandelion! You have elevated this lowly "Ugly Swan" to a thing of beauty in your capture!!

Lisa Gordon said...

Gail - Just back to say thank you so much for posting this at The Creative Exchange this week. Love, love, that fence photograph!

lisa.

Country Girl said...

I'd be happy with these photos, too. Lovely.

Yankee Girl said...

I love the sunset and the dandelion! I can't wait for dandelions to start sprouting in my yard!

hootnonny said...

Gail, you had a wonderful weekend if these pics tell your story! I like them all; I'm like you though, that sunset would have me awe-struck!
I need to find color...it seems as if my county is devoid of any!

Kittie Howard said...

Love all your pics but that sunset is beyond magnificent!! And the squirrel, awww, so cute!