Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Won!

You guys, I never win anything. I go to the gambling boats in Baton Rouge when I go home to visit and promptly lose $200. Every. Single. Time. The Belle of Baton Rouge has taken me for a ride too many times to count. Although, it's probably a blessing that I don't win big because that would only encourage me to gamble more. But for some reason, on the internet, I seem to have better luck winning things.

I entered a contest over at lovely Kate's Chronicles of a Country Girl blog. She made entering her contest super easy. All I had to do was leave a comment on her blog stating which of her prints I would like to have if I won. I became super excited when I saw her cardinals in the choices. Ever since I came across her photo of the Female cardinal in snow bokeh on Flickr and on her blog, I was instantly smitten. So, on Valentine's Day, my comment, #17, was chosen by the random integer generator thingy.

I hope she doesn't mind me bringing the photo over here in my post, but I simply must show off my beautiful prize:
Female cardinal in snow bokeh
Photo by Kate of Chronicles of a Country Girl
Isn't she beautiful? As many of you know, I have a thing for birds, especially cardinals. And a cardinal in the snow? Wow. This knocked my socks off. She is one of the prettiest female cardinals I've ever seen. Kate did a splendid job capturing this one.

Thank you, Kate! I received my 8x10 and 2 smaller prints in the mail today. Love, love, love it!! Can't wait to find the perfect frame.

Please check out Chronicles of a Country Girl. Kate is pretty awesome. I can say that about her even if I didn't win anything because her blog is always so entertaining. Go! What are you waiting for?! :)

9 comments:

Lisa Gordon said...

CONGRATULATIONS Gail!!!
What a gorgeous photograph!!

Country Girl said...

Why would I mind you posting her here? She actually looks very lovely with the colors you have here on your beautiful blog, Gail.
It always makes me happy when someone really loves one of my prints. So glad for you ~

hootnonny said...

She's beautiful, Gail! You are blessed! I'd love to have her hanging in my house!
Congratulations, my fff!

Yankee Girl said...

That's great! Want an awesome thing to win!

Charlotte Wilson said...

congratulations, Gail! What a gorgeous cardinal in the snow. I love it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I love the picture you won. That is simply gorgeous!
How perfect! What a beautiful bird!

Starla said...

Congratulations Gail!! I LOVE this photo!! I have this photo bookmarked! I immediately wanted to draw it (of course, that hasn't happened yet, but it is on my drawing "list"!!)
And Kate's blog is wonderful, isn't it? Yep. Got that in my favs too!

Autumn said...

Wonderful print! I bet this will look lovely in your house. Such a beautiful bird.

Kittie Howard said...

Congratulatios, Gail! She's beautiful, and a bit more...her eyes...she looks like she's thinking. Amazing!