Just thought I'd share a little about my day:
- Woke up at 4 a.m. and could not go back to sleep; finally got up at 6:30.
- Let the dogs out for their morning business. Sparky found something stinky in the yard and proceeded to rub it into his fur. He then came inside and headed straight for the sofa blanket, freshly washed from the night before, funkifying it forever.
- Chance threw up on the good rug as I took my first sip of coffee. Twice. No warning.
- The monument company called one HOUR before bringing my mom's headstone to the graveyard. So much for the one day notice. Hopped in the shower and got ready in record time; flew out to the cemetery.
- Car started throwing error messages again. I pressed on.
- Attorney called while errors flashed, asking a question about my deceased sister that I had no answer for. The whole time I'm thinking, 'how much is this call costing me?!'
- Made it to the cemetery, showed the guys the grave, but first had a disagreement with my cousin (who is the church secretary) on placement of the headstone. Turns out I misunderstood, so I fussed at her for nothing. Bad Gail!
- Retrieved camera gear out of the car because a dragonfly was eating an insect on a rusted fleur de lis cross, posing perfectly.
- By the time I got the right lens on, tripod out, and camera mounted, the dragonfly was still there but he was done with his lunch.
- I lost my car/house keys somewhere between the car, the dragonfly and mama's grave. Could not find them to save my life. Searching over an hour, I was drenched with humidity.
- Double D to the rescue--a 30 minute drive for him. In the meantime, another distant cousin, Billy, had arrived and helped me look for the keys. Billy found them within 15 minutes, right by the fleur de lis cross, the same area I had scoured several times.
- I now have a headache the size of Texas.
- Got home to look at the photos I took of a colorful skink and the aforementioned dragonfly only to learn that my camera was set on ISO 800 the whole time.
- Izzy is on my lap as I type this post, emitting the worst gas ever. If I could bottle this stuff, I think I could blow up Iran with one small container.
|Taken with iPhone|
I texted my friend and asked her if she could write me a country/western hit out of all this mess so we could make a million bucks. She said not to worry, that the cemetery/vomit/dog poop song just made the top 10 on Country Music Billboard.
I treated my cousin to lunch because I felt guilty for fussing at her. My lunch of bbq shrimp and grits was delicious! And guess what? Yep, I have heartburn. The one good thing from today? The headstone came out nice. So how was your day?