Sunday, April 20, 2008

Obsession

ob·ses·sion
–noun 1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
2. the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
3. the state of being obsessed.
4. the act of obsessing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My eyes have turned into camera lenses. Weird. I can no longer watch a movie or view the outside world normally. This may very well qualify me as "obsessed".

A wonderful time was had yesterday at Heard's Natural Science Museum with Double D, Autumn, and her friend, Jay. Although I didn't see many birds, we still managed to get some great shots of squirrels, butterflies and trees. We also saw a snake, and a frog that was chillin' in the water.
I shot mostly on Av mode (aperture priority), which means that I selected the aperture and the camera decided which shutter speed to use. Yes, I am finally getting it! On my next outing I will do the opposite where I choose the shutter speed and let the camera select the correct aperure. Afterwards, it's interesting to look at certain shots and see what the camera chose for that particular setting. Eventually, I hope to get to the point where manual mode is less daunting. Oh, joy. I'm so happy with my new hobby. I only wish Texas was more scenic.

1 comment:

Heather Nicole said...

Gail, I LOVE the butterfly on the flower picture!!!!!! It is truly stunning. I also love the frog in the water. It is impressive how quickly you have caught on to the whole photographer thing.