Friday, April 18, 2008

Juno is Mine

Yesterday I had the unpleasant task of shopping at one of the huge discount chains for a few personal items, when what should enter my field of vision, but a huge display of DVDs for JUNO. My heart began to beat wildly (fear? excitement?) when I realized that I had not rushed out on Tuesday to buy it hot off the shelf.

Now why would I enter fight or flight mode when there were at least 50 beautiful, brightly colored packages with the lovely vivid orange stripes on display and not one soul around them? Did I think that suddenly the radars of 100 other shoppers might go off at the same time, where I would unexpectedly find myself in a brouhaha to be later broadcast on the local evening news. In high definition no less? 'Cause I would have engaged in a brawl if necessary, let me tell you.

Honestly, I don’t know where these peculiar feelings originate. I can be so high-strung at times. Gathering my wits, I calmly walked over to the display, reached for the deluxe version on the right, then quickly veered to the cheaper version on the left, and no one got a bloody nose.

No comments: