Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 116: Rose Garden

116/365: Gussie Field Watterworth Park
Oh, y'all, I hit the jackpot! My favorite thing to photograph is flowers. A dear friend came in from out of town to have lunch with me today and she told me about Gussie Field Watterworth Park in Farmers Branch, a suburb of Dallas. There are over 150 different kinds of roses spread out over at least an acre. I experienced a sliver of heaven after work this afternoon. I can't wait to go back with my daughter!

I'm trying to get more artistic and less literal with my shots which is difficult for me to do. I gave this photo a vintage treatment which I think is okay. It's hard to veer from the actual colors of the flowers because they were spectacular, but I'm trying!

3 comments:

M. Hassan said...

Looks more like painting and that's a compliment.

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I think the vintage treatment came out beautiful!

Louisiana Belle said...

Thank you guys so much for the supportive comments!